Friday, July 15, 2016

Gardening for relaxation or Purpose

     Last weekend,  I decided to do something different.  I went to my stepsister's church to help plant
vegetables and spices.  I did a little research and I concluded it was too late in the season to begin such a task.  I proclaimed we need at least 100 days for tomatoes.  I soon learned there were tomato plants I could purchase as well as winter greens and or "silk" greens.  I was fascinated by the separation of different vegetables.  Some you must create a vine for. The overseer started to tell us a little about gardening as he broke up the soil.  I followed every movement of the overseer, so I could plant our seeds correctly.
He then showed us where the main water supply was, how to spread the water with the jugs, and when we
could use a hose instead of a jug. The overseer showed me other plots who had tomatoes on the vine, and I seen big zucchini ready to be picked.  Only, it would be difficult to get to without long gloves because the leaves are prickly.   I learned all summer squashes have this in common.

This made me think about the garden of Eden. 
 Genesis 2:15 - And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. (KJV)

     My plan was to go learn how to garden, fellowship with my step-sister, and get some vegetables and spices for my home.  All I had to do is put in a little elbow grease.  Well, I couldn't have imagined being Adam receiving the garden of Eden to dress and keep.
 
  Hence, the overseer's job,  his Purpose was:
1. Plan:  Get the soil ready,
    Action: He moved  the soil around it around broke it up ( in ministry, the soil would be the hearts of man)

2. Plan:  Separate Seeds Vegetables which will grow in the ground verse on the vine
    Action:  The overseer placed the seeds in a specific location in the soil.
    ( in ministry, a specific person  placed to share a specific message to a specific audience,       
      everyone won't receive the same message from the same person )

3. Plan:  Watch over the seeds and pay attention to the weather, watch for unwanted pests
    Action:  Water seeds with a watering container with spout until the seeds take root. They require sunlight.
                  Once the seeds have taken root; you can water with hose
                  sprinkle organic powder to rid your garden from bugs who will eat leaves
        ( in ministry, someone else will come and bring another message to help the first message stay on your
mind and eventually transfer to permanent resident in your heart)  Pruning comes later.....

So, I'm ready to plant some more items tomorrow.  I'm gardening for relaxation but I can see how God intended gardening for purpose.
My question to my fellow readers; Are you allowing yourselves to relax and do something fun OR is
everything you do geared toward some purpose????

ReflectionsofHope2016collection

No comments: